Volunteers are an important part of running a Horse Trials!
Join the fun and excitement of Eventing! You don’t need to be an eventer, or even a rider to volunteer. Come and learn about the sport, make some friends, and spend a day with us at Valinor.
All Volunteers will receive a Valinor Farm Volunteer Tee Shirt.
Those volunteering for 4 hours or more will also receive a lunch voucher.
Please email email@example.com if you can help with any of the jobs listed here. Thank You!
VOLUNTEER JOBS AND TIMES (Times are approximate, morning shifts are generally 8 am to noon, afternoon shifts are usually 11:30 to the end of competion )
- Dressage Scribes – Mornings
- Sits with the judge and scribes scores and comments
- Dressage Steward – Mornings
- Controls flow of competitors to dressage rings, checks equipment
- Dressage Runners – Mornings
- Delivers completed tests from dressage rings to scoring
- Cross Country Fence Judges – Afternoons
- (Scores competitors’ success at specific XC fence
- Must attend X-Cty Fence Judge briefing, usually around 10 am
- X-Cty Finish – Afternoons
- Collect competitor’s pinnies, hand out water bottles
- X-Cty warm-up Steward – Afternoons
- Controls flow of competitors to X-Cty Start
- SJ warm-up Steward- Afternoons
- Controls flow of competitors to SJ Ring
- Show Jumping Jump Crew – Afternoons
- Resets displaced jumps during Stadium Jumping
- Awards Person – Afternoons
- helps hand out awards and ribbons
- Stabling Assistant Friday and Saturday Afternoons